Friday, January 16, 2009

Have I mentioned my dislike of winter?

James and I are going a little stir crazy today. We were supposed to go to Tunnel Town with MOMS Club, where he could burn off energy and play with the other kids. But, it snowed. Blake said it took forever to get in to work today. Instead I talked on the phone with one of the other moms for a bit, James and I had a creativity morning, and he is currently making a bunch of noise in his room. So, apparently creativity time did not sufficiently wear him out to nap.

But, Blake and I have 2 trips to Hermann coming up for wedding planning stuff. I am so excited about that! I've been printing out pictures of cakes that I like. Blake likes them to, after I remind him that just because the cake in the picture has brown on it, ours does not have to. Having a little more trouble with flowers. I don't know what I like, I don't know what is inexpensive or will be in season, I don't know what will last well, I don't know what colors will go with our dresses. Among other things. I hope the florist is nice! And patient.

I hate to admit it, but I started watching American Idol. (It's cold out and I was apparently bored) The highlight for me was when Ryan Seacrest tried to high-five the guy who they just made a big deal about being blind.

Well, off to make some buns for sloppy joes. This is the type of excitement that I have not been blogging about lately. You can thank me later.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Winter does stink.

You MAKE your own buns for sloppy joes? Now that's impressive.

Have fun with the wedding planning!

Rachel said...

I wish I could help you with wedding plans..I'm keeping Molly up to date on her plans. Good luck with your decisions...

I also hate winter!!!!

Anonymous said...

ahh, finally had time to figure out how to write a comment. How are things going? I am trying to help my friend figure out how to get a seat on SW Air b/c she came in for my Dad's funeral. Can't wait for the wedding. We will line up a babysitter way in advance. I inadvertantly got a Facebook page, so you can send meals