Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lots of Plans!

We have made two trips to Hermann for wedding planning stuff recently, and we have accomplished so much! But, that trip was a lot shorter when we were living on the other side of the state. We are so thankful that we chose a site that includes a wedding coordinator. It gives us so much less to think about, since she's already thought of everything and just asks us the questions. Like who the designated person is to handle anyone who becomes an obnoxious drunk. We wouldn't have thought of that, and hopefully wouldn't need to!

We've now chosen our menu, cake, flowers, and some of the ceremony details. We just don't know the bill yet. We have a general idea, but it is all a little scary. But not as scary as it would be if we'd had the wedding in the St. Louis or Kansas City areas.

I went to Archiver's yesterday and got supplies for invitations and favors. Using the die cut for the first 50 favor boxes worked out my right arm pretty well. I should do the rest with my left to balance it out!

James and I have a busy week planned, with lots of playgroup activities. Weather permitting. Hopefully, getting him out and with other kids a lot will improve his new bossy attitude. Maybe some 5-year-old will come along and put him in his place.

And I went to Mom's Night Out last week at a wine bar. Very fun! But expensive. Or maybe I just eat and drink too much . . . either way, it was worth it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your wedding plans are going well; I am so impressed you are making all the invites by hand, WOW! Enjoy your week. Sue

Beth said...

How exciting!

Oh, all the things that go in to a wedding...obnoxious drunks, food, invitations, favors, flowers, paying for it all...

Maybe you should keep doing the favors with your right hand and if and when the obnoxious drunk rears his/her head you'll be able to toss them out with one arm!

Rachel said...

I'm probably the obnoxious drunk!!haha

Glad to hear that your plans are coming along and yes there is a million things to think of and no one remembers them all!! I hope the bill isn't too scary..I do remember that part all too well!!