Monday, April 13, 2009

Yeah, Blake!

Blake started his new job today! He proactively went looking for one, being unsure if his previous company was going to have work for him when his project ended. They were a little offended that he did this, but turns out that they didn't actually have more work for him. So, I think he did them a favor.

We are excited about his new company, including that they are allowing him to take vacation after a month, which lets us take our honeymoon! And, I know that I am marrying someone with a clean record. His new employer does some work for the government, so he had to complete a 50-page security clearance application. And he passed :)

Easter was great -- James had a BLAST looking for eggs. Periodically, Blake would take a couple that had already been found and re-hide them so James could do more looking. James never knew and had so much fun each time.

My arm is still a mess, but is maybe a little better. I don't like resting it. I feel lazy.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Great news!!! Smart move, I'm sure.

Sorry I haven't been commenting more... I have been trying to keep up!

scrappysue said...

Congrats to Blake on his new job, that was a great plan for sure!

Glad you all enjoyed Easter. Sue

Rachel said...

Easter sounds like fun and I'm glad James had a fun time!!

So glad that Blake found a job that he likes and glad to know he's not on the FBI most wanted list...I was starting to wonder!!haha

Take care of your arm!!!

Beth said...

Well, be LAZY and rest the arm, friend!

You had me worrying when you said now you know Blake has a clean record...good to know he has paperwork to back up his pedigree! :)

Where you going on that honeymoon?