Friday, June 12, 2009

ACK!

It's been almost 2 months since my last post. Although those 2 months have been a little busy . . .
Here's a summary:
1. Got married.
2. Had a honeymoon.
3. Came home to James with a cold (or allergies?).
4. Got the cold (or allergies?).
5. Turned 40.
6. Had 3-4 hours of therapy on my arm each week.

And a bunch of other stuff.

There is seriously so much that I want to share, but have been working on catching up on stuff. And coughing. So, I'm going to try to post a little something each day, because this has been such an amazing time for us.

First, a funny story. Last week, as I was trying to get James to eat his breakfast, I told him to eat his oatmeal, or no cookie and no Diego (I know, bad mom), he said to me "Ok, Mommy, you drink your coffee or no opening presents and no Jeopardy!" And this was even before my birthday. So, yes, we have a lot of thank you notes to write!
So, the wedding was beautiful (although I am a little biased, but I've heard others say it, too). It was an indoor ceremony and reception, but the weather was perfect, which made it even nicer. We were really blown away by how many people came to celebrate with us, since it was out of town for everybody. My aunts and uncles came from New York, my mom and dad from Texas, and Rachel and her husband even came from Wisconsin! We had so much fun at the reception, talking to everyone as much as we could. I hardly ate in the 24 hours before the wedding (from nerves), and by the time of the reception I was starving, then didn't get to eat much because I was talking. No worries about me wasting away though -- I made up for that lack of food by eating everything in sight on the honeymoon.
Blake and I keep talking about sitting down together to jot down all of our notes on the wedding and honeymoon, so we don't forget anything. That has yet to happen, but we really need to, because there is so much that we want to remember. One thing that I am so happy about is that we waited until now to do this -- James was old enough to be our ring bearer, and he did a wonderful job! He still talks about how he brought our rings to us.
We should receive our discs from the photographer soon and are excited about that! We used David Owens from Columbia, and he does not provide any prints, just ALL the pictures he takes in high resolutions on a disc. He followed us around like a shadow for 8 hours, so I know we are going to have so many amazing pictures.
And, as soon as we got home, Larry had given us a disc of pictures he had taken of all of the festivities, and of the week James spent with his grandparents Larry and Debbie, Aunt Danielle and cousins Cameron and Landon. So, here are a few of them!
Blake cracking us up at the rehearsal dinner, while Landon tries to get the presents.
The wedding party
Looking back toward the chapel and pavilion. We were taking "sunset pictures" and many people came out to enjoy the weather and view of the river.

At the brunch the next morning, Blake discovered mimosas. He has had many, many mimosas since.

I am going to try to update with more pictures and details of things, and as I try to get my thoughts down, it may seem a little scattered.

And, just so it doesn't seem like we get to slack off and relax now that things are over, NOW we are starting to look for a house to buy!

Again, thanks to everyone who helped make this time so special for us!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Yay! So glad you had a great time at the wedding and honeymoon. Can't wait to hear all the details. Rachel told me she hugged you for me (and many others)!

Next time James doesn't finish his breakfast I would suggest taking the mimosas away. That'll teach that boy.

Sarah said...

Yay!!! :) So very happy for you all! Rachel posted some pics and the wedding looked just perfect. Can't wait to see and hear more!

scrappysue said...

Heather,I am so glad you have the time to post, really looking forward to seeing piccies and hearing more about it all! You two looked such a lovely couple from Rachel's pictures, so happy everything went well. Your dress was stunning and you looked beautiful! Sue

scrappysue said...

Oh I forgot, James comment was so hilarious. My two have been threatening to take my coffee away from me for years now, cheeky things. They were even going to make me a star chart, ha ha. Sue

Janice said...

Glad to see you got time for your blog--I really enjoy hearing about all your adventures. I can't wait to see your wedding photos, because your photographer was so amazing, right there with you every step of the way!

Love, Mom

Rachel said...

I'm so glad we were able to meet in person even if it was for a short time (I didn't want to hog you from all the other family/friends) but the wedding was beautiful and the most amazing part was seeing you and Blake's love for each other...it was all over your faces how much you love each other!!!