Thursday, June 18, 2009

Derailed my plans

I had all kinds of plans to get the things that needed to be done DONE this week. But, James has had a pretty high fever, so I've been taking care of him. I guess, according to the information I found on the internet, that it was NOT a high fever. I read that temperatures up to 103degrees are considered mild. Doesn't seem mild to me, but I also tend to overreact. (When he first got to 102.5, I was pretty sure he had swine flu or some sort of rare, exotic illness that would only be diagnosed when it was too late. Again, let me state that I overreact.) It got to 103.7 (moderate?) but is coming down. He was showing a lot more energy tonight. So, hopefully we can all start getting more sleep and getting back into the swing of things. We did decide to take him to the doctor yesterday, who is very nice. She found it amusing when he asked if she was Dr. Seuss.

At least I got my final classes taken for renewing my OT license. Just need to submit the paperwork. Then to finish thank you notes and making calls about my name change. Oh, I don't think I mentioned the name change last time. I debated for a LONG time about my name. I knew I was taking Blake's last name, but the question was whether to keep my middle name (Ann) or change it to my maiden name. I finally decided that no one calls me Heather Ann, but people have been calling me by my last name for 40 years, so that would be a more fitting middle name. So, I go to the license bureau to change it, and find out that it is no problem to change the last name, but to change the middle one, I have to go to the Social Security office and change it there first. So, after months of debating, it comes down to the license bureau deciding for me. It just wasn't worth it to wait in line at the Social Security office (with a 3-year-old) for the change. So, feel free to call me Heather Ann. Except don't. It makes me think I'm in trouble.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Heather Ann get that room cleaned up!!! haha I just couldn't resist...

I'm Rachel Lee (and do not call me that either!!)

I'm glad that James is starting to feel better...poor guy and like you I tend to overreact to fevers...they're scary!!

scrappysue said...

Sorry to hear about James, I also over-react to fevers, I am pretty sure most Mothers do if they are honest!

I like the name Heather Ann. I always felt I was in trouble when I was called Susan, I always prefer to be called Sue!

Sarah said...

Oh, DO NOT go to SSA unless you have to... it was AWFUL. It took hours. But honestly, the worst part was that there were rows of chairs set up auditorium style in the waiting area ... all facing this one wall. And the only thing on the wall? HUGE portraits of Bush and Cheney.

Yeah.

Don't go.

Of course, Obama's a bit more of a looker...

ps - I'm reading, just not commenting as much. But always thinking of you.