Saturday, November 10, 2007

Why has it been so busy?

This week has been long, and busy. Not quite sure why it has been so busy, but I know part of it was because I spent 2 1/2 hours at Lowe's STILL trying to get a couple of doors put in our house. Blake has been working on this with them for months now. I am really developing a fondness for Home Depot. Because Lowe's has REALLY worn down my patients. The week was also partly busy because we had to get our heater fixed. But now we know what not to do to break it next time! And I found a good company to come out, unlike the plumbers I called before who made me nervous to be in the house with, and the handyman who drilled through our cabinets. And the week was busy partly because my workouts have become longer since I've started my wellness class. I'm really liking it. In addition to wellness assignments, there are also scrapbook layout assignments. For the first week, it was about fitness and fitness goals. Here are mine.



Now just follows a few random things about the past week.



Among the cheap post-Halloween bargains I found was this wig. So, here is what James would look like if he were a girl. And a devil.


We took the dogs to the dog park. They had fun, but it was a lot of work to get them to run around. Nutmeg, being part greyhound, looks so pretty when she runs. But she is old, so mostly she just huddled near us. Joey enjoyed going around sniffing and peeing on everything.


At the same park is a paved trail that I really like. It's only about 3 miles long, but it is quite hilly, and I get a really good workout there, even when I don't go very far. So, as Blake, James and the dogs loaded up in the car to go to the other side of the park for a playground, I took the trail over to meet them.


Here they are, coming down the slide. We all had so much fun there.


It was such a nice day, and the previous weekend had been affected by our colds, that we took the dogs home and then went to Augusta to Balducci Vineyards. The drive and the trees were pretty, and Blake got another opportunity to fly his kite.


I enjoyed the wine and cheese. And, of course, both photos of me during the day show me with a mouth full of cheese and crackers. Thanks, Blake.

Those are all of the adventures I will share for now. Things seem relatively calm at the moment, so I think I will take a break, watch a movie, and work on Christmas presents!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, you guys have been quite busy. Augusta looked like you were really enjoying yourselves. I hope those doors are installed. Enjoyed your blog. Larry

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your pictures and your comments. Looks like you were really enjoying the nice weather. This is such a nice way to keep up with your family.

Sarah said...

:) Love that picture of James in the wig. Have you, by chance, started his "Picture To Show Your First Girlfriend" album yet? 'Cause you may have a cover shot there.

So, I don't think I have actually read Middlesex. I looked through my bookshelf, and I must have been thinking of something else. But I did just pick up the 2nd Harry Potter book from the library on Friday to read over Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time!!! Glad you got out and enjoyed some of the nice weather!! Loved James as a girl devil...too cute!!