Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sick

James had a runny nose a couple of days ago, then started getting crusty eyes. Then yesterday he woke up REALLY crusty, worse than I've ever seen anyone. So, we called the doctor, who had us come in. He has a sinus infection and is working on pinkeye, too. So he's on medicine. Then I started getting a scratchy throat yesterday evening. I thought I would try to hide it, and just get through without Blake even noticing it. Then he started talking about getting a sitter and going out Friday. He could tell something was wrong by my reaction not being so enthusiastic. Couldn't have hid it much longer, anyway. I feel awful, but I do think it's starting to get better. James' medicines worked wonders -- his eyes are perfectly clear and he has his energy back. Just a little hoarse.

So, Blake is out getting a Papa Murphy's pizza for our big Valentine's dinner. Hopefully we can celebrate better this weekend.

The good news is that we got our wedding date! May 23, 2009. It seems that we chose a good time, and that I was right to have some concerns that it would be booked. They only had ONE wedding booked for all of 2009 at this point, and it is on May 30! I'm glad we went when we did, because she said she has 5 more couples coming to see it this Saturday. The Knot.com says that there are 464 days left before our wedding. So, I guess I don't need to stress about too much at this point. And, I have recently lost 5 pounds, so I only have about 20 left, and 464 days to do it . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that James is sick..poor thing!! I hate it when kids are sick!!

Congrats on the date..May 23,2009 will be here before you know it!! CONGRATS!!!!

Danielle said...

Heather,
Thanks for sharing about your wedding date! We're so excited! Our family is sick as well in Kansas. I hope you had a better valentines day than we did-I went to get Cameron's valentines from school (he has stayed home with the flu all week) and he proceeded to gorge himself on the candy and then it came back up later that night. :(

Sarah said...

Hope you are feeling better today! Congrats on getting the date booked -- late May is a great time for a wedding! ;) And congrats on the weight loss -- good for you! Guess that means the new diet hasn't been too terrible?

Anonymous said...

We're glad that James is better. Hopefully, you are better now too and that Blake hasn't come down too. Exciting to see the date for the first time. It will be here before you know it. Larry and Debbie

Rachel said...

I hope James is better..please update when you can!!