Monday, February 25, 2008

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

That's how much of the alphabet James said last night. All of it. Ok, to be perfectly honest, the LMNO part sounded suspiciously like "Elmo", but we'll work out the details later. Blake congratulated me on teaching him this, but I can't really take credit, since he also has about a dozen toys that say the alphabet, too. And he counts to 12. Again, we do count together, but I was only going to 10, but the Mickey video goes to 12 . . .

Rachel pointed out that I haven't updated the blog since the sickness post, and that is because I was the one who was sick. James got over his stuff within a day of getting meds, so we were all very happy about that. But, the doctor I saw wasn't terribly helpful. He gave me a speech about viruses, how antibiotics don't help them, etc. etc. It wasn't until I was halfway home that I realized that he didn't even examine me, beyond listening to my lungs. Didn't look in my ears, eyes, nose, throat -- all the things I was complaining of. I understand about antibiotic resistance, but if he is just going to assume that all people who come in with symptoms have a virus that doesn't require antibiotics, why doesn't he tell the person who schedules appointments? I would rather not go out on a snowy day, when I'm sick, to drive 20 minutes and wait with other germy people just to hear that I don't need to be there. Anyway, I'm over the cold now, just an occasional cough. But, still have a bit of the pinkeye. And, I have apologized to Blake, who complained when he saw this doctor, and I didn't give him enough sympathy :)

No pictures or really much to talk about. Saturday was the first time we went anywhere in a week. But, James had a blast, as we started at the Hippo Place. He shrieked with joy and started clapping his hands as soon as we got to the parking lot. Then we went to his favorite restaurant, Red Robin. Blake's too! I was very proud of myself for sticking with my diet. There's not a lot of happy medium there -- get the grilled chicken breast and salad that I got. Or get something loaded with all kinds of things that taste really good and have about 2000 calories.

Today, I've been getting the house put back together after a week of neglect. Not terribly exciting, but it feels good. Also felt good to get back to working out.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So glad to hear you're on the mend now...yeah I agree going to the doctor somtimes is a waste of time and money!

That's cute that James knows his ABC's and can count to 12...all of that smartness comes from the mom's genes..I'm pretty sure of it!!haha

Sarah said...

YAY, James! I don't know how old one of my brothers was before he figured out that there wasn't a "mento" in the middle of the alphabet, as in "ele-mento-p".