Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just when I thought it was safe to move away from the tv

I was so relieved to have the Olympics over, since they were taking up too much of my time. But, of course, they were followed by the Democratic National Convention. I particularly like watching MSNBC's coverage, because when Keith Olbermann finds something amusing, he doesn't hide it. I watched part of the roll call yesterday, which was pretty funny. They were trying to orchestrate it for Hillary to make the motion for Obama to be the nominee, apparently trying to do it in time to be the lead story on the evening news, BUT all of the people doing the intros for the states were taking FOREVER. I was seriously laughing out loud when (I think it was) Montana was speaking. That person ran on and on and on. It did not end up as the lead story, but was breaking news.

After watching that drama, I got ready for MNO. It was fun to go out and talk with the other moms without having to chase down James. It allowed for actual conversations. I even tried to be good by ordering off of Applebee's Weight Watcher's menu, but probably blew it by getting a pomegranate martini. And, when I got home, Blake told me he had recorded Bill Clinton's speech (actually the whole evening's convention) for me, since I had forgotten. How thoughtful is that? (By the way, I loved Hillary's speech, think Joe Biden is a great choice, and am looking forward to Obama's acceptance speech tonight!)

We went to the zoo with Mom's Club on Tuesday. James liked the animals, but really enjoyed running around by the wrecked airplane with the other boys.

I was attempting to add more pictures from the zoo and July (!) , but am tired of waiting for them to upload. It just doesn't seem to want to work right now!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

There is always something on TV to keep me distracted from cleaning the house..haha

Sarah said...

Hi! Thanks for your comments. For some reason, i thought you had been through the whole high-risk, bedrest thing. I'd love to hear more about it. I'll PM you through CC with my email address.