Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Catching Up

We really have been busy since moving here. Not really doing anything monumental, but busy all the same. James and I did join a Mom's Club today, which was fun for both of us. Lots of people commented on how friendly he is. Which means that he gets in your face and doesn't stop talking. True.

Blake's new job is good. He is starting to be more busy, which he enjoys, but also leaves on time each day, which gives him more time at home.

We are having fun watching the Olympics, which I tend to get a little obsessive about. We need a globe, though. There were a lot of countries in the opening ceremony that I have never even heard of.

Well, I know that's not much of an exciting update, but it is at least an update. I intend to get better about posting and including pictures soon, but first there are emails to catch up on! And a wedding to plan. I realized with a bit of a panic yesterday that I REALLY need to get going on some of the planning. Otherwise I'll be wearing a dress from Target and our parents will be doing the photography.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

It makes such a difference to come home at a decent time each day. I'm really lucky in that respect. Well, actually, I don't think I'd last very long in a job where I couldn't. My brain totally stops working after 5 anyway. :)

Glad that you're settling in and meeting people. Oh, and if you can find a wedding dress at Target, I say get it. Mine is sitting in a box ... somewhere ...

Anonymous said...

Hey There!
Had trouble with your new email address (received one of those nasty delivery failure notifications???) Is that just me? argh.

Re your globe issues have you down loaded Goggle Earth? It's not nearly as fast as a handy dandy Globe but it's cool as I can see my own house (and really that is all that matters!)

Glad your doing well. Write soon. Lori

Anonymous said...

Glad you are settling in well. Have fun with the wedding planning! Sue

Anonymous said...

Hey Target has some cute dresses!!haha Have fun with the planning...

I've been an Olympic watching fool too..figure I can only do this once every 2 years (summer and winter) so its fun!

Glad you're getting settled into the new place!!