Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Doing the happy dance!

The big things that have been hanging over my head have been completed! I finished my continuing ed and submitted for my certification renewal last week. And today, I just mailed out the wedding invitations (minus 2 that need addresses). Hopefully no major omissions, typos, wrongly addressed envelopes, etc.

In other happy news, Mizzou is finally back in the NCAA tourney, and even earned a 3 seed. And, we WON the Big 12 tournament! Poor James. Since the NCAA tourney starts tomorrow, he is going to have to put up with a LOT of basketball on in the background for the next few days. I've been trying to get him excited by having him play with his Truman the Tiger and then pointing out the mascots on tv. It helps a little. He even took Truman to the MOMS Club meeting yesterday, which meant that I was holding Truman the whole time while James played.

I've been working out hard, and am now just 8 1/2 pounds from the goal I've set. But, maybe I've worked out too hard, because the muscles in my left arm are so stiff that I can't straighten that arm. Literally can not straighten it. But, I'm sure no one will ever notice because of the amazing definition of my biceps, right?

We've all been enjoying the warmer weather, going to the playground during the day and taking some walks when Blake gets home from work. It is so refreshing.

And lastly, I was so proud of James the other day. We were at a play area, and I saw him at the top of the slide, looking around. Then he quickly came down, threw his arms out and said, "Wonder James to the rescue! Mommy, I'm going to save that little girl!" Sure enough, he was trying to come help a little girl he heard crying. Of course, her Wonder Mommy was already taking care of it, but I appreciated James' chivalrous side.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like you're busy, busy with lots of good things.

Despite your bulging biceps, I recommend taking it easy with that left arm or you're going to look like a maniquine walking down the aisle.

Wonder James! Where was he when I needed him yesterday!

Rachel said...

Wonder James....how precious is that??? I love it!!!

I got your wedding invites yesterday and they are GORGEOUS...great job on them!! I'm keeping it forever as an idea when/if Katie ever gets married!!

I'm going to see what I can do about making it for the wedding!!