Friday, March 27, 2009

Elite 8!!!

I am so excited!!! Mizzou beat Memphis and is in the Elite 8! I will gladly have my bracket picks ruined for that. We play UConn tomorrow, so I'll be looking forward to that game.

It has been a fun and busy, busy week. Last week, Danielle and the family came to town for her birthday. It was fun to celebrate, and of course James always enjoys parties. He's already asking about the next birthday, which is actually mine, but not until June. Saturday night, we went to dinner at Buca de Beppo with Danielle and Shawn, and some friends of theirs from school. It was fun to get out without the kids. If you haven't been to this restaurant, it is a serious amount of food! Fortunately, James enjoyed the leftovers and has been eating them all week. And has some killer garlic breath as a result.

Monday, I went for Mom's Night Out at the Melting Pot. It was Ladies' Night, and this Melting Pot has an even better special than the one in Chesterfield did. $22 for cheese fondue, chocolate fondue, and 2 drinks (wine or martinis). Much better than their usual prices. The company was great, too. It's really nice to be getting to know the other moms in the group better and feeling like I have friends again. I should post a pic, but I'm too lazy to upload right now.

After all of the eating and drinking out, combined with the fact that I still can't work out with my left arm, I doubt that I'm still 8.5 pounds from my goal, but I am trying to be good. We'll see.

Go Mizzou!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oooh moms night out sounds like so much fun!! Glad u got to go!!

Enjoy the rest of the playoffs!!!

Beth said...

I thought of you the other night when I was watching the MO game...I knew you'd be cheering them on!

I'd love to try that restaurant, but the closest to us is about 1 hour away.

scrappysue said...

Glad to hear your team is doing well! Wonder if they have Melting Pot restaurants in Canada, sounds like my kinda place! Sue