Monday, May 19, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game




My Mom came for the weekend, and took us to a Cardinals game -- James' first baseball game! It was also my first trip to the new stadium. It was really nice. Cleaner and more spacious than the old one. And I had the problem I always have at events like this -- I spend so much time looking around that I miss most of the game. But, I did get some great shots. James liked looking around, too, but his favorite things were a nearby baby and looking out at some buses in the parking lot when Grandma took him for walks. What he did not like: loud fans, fireworks after a home run, and the men who walk around yelling about what food/drink they are selling. That last one was the worst, but we made it a little better by buying him a frozen strawberry lemonade from one of them.


Busch Stadium

A kiss for Grandma

It was Albert Pujols Plate Day



We also rode Metro there and back, which he did well on. We just kept reminding him that it was a train, like Thomas, and he said, "choo, choo". This was Blake's first Metro ride, too. So much better than fighting traffic and paying for parking.



The whole weekend was fun. James was so excited to see Grandma, and I enjoyed talking to my mom. On Sunday, we walked to go to breakfast at Rendezvous, which is now a weekly tradition with us. The 3 adults got different versions of their breakfast sandwich, and James got a muffin. Yummy food, mediocre coffee, and a nice walk and beautiful weather on their patio. Blake and I had also gone there Friday night for drinks after James went to bed, while Mom stayed home. It was great to get out. There was a guy and his guitar for the entertainment. He sounded ok on the Jimmy Buffett songs, but I cringed when he sang Voodoo Child, as well as when he covered John Mayer and Rob Thomas. I hope he hasn't ruined those songs for me. I had good wine, Blake found an excellent beer (Grimbergen), and we had a delicious appetizer. Rendezvous has some problems, but their food is GREAT! And they know us. On Friday, they asked us where James was.


James' lip is doing much better. We still have to be careful, but I don't think the scar will be too bad. He opened part of it up again since I last posted about it, but that part finally closed, too. I like our pediatrician. He tells us what to expect in a calming, matter-of-fact way, without acting like we are crazy, over-anxious first-time parents. Which, of course, is exactly what we are.

The final bit of news is that tonight I go to the dentist to start the process of getting my new crown. Yippee.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, what great photos! :) I'll be you're loving the new camera! The one of the three of them is great, and I just love that last one of the two of you! So cute.

Glad to hear that you've been having some more fun lately... you deserve it. Sorry about the dentist, though. I've been doing ok since the whole wisdom teeth thing. Did you decide to leave him when this is over?

Danielle said...

I love all the great pictures, Heather! I'm so glad that James is feeling better and that you and Blake had some time to spend together. We can't wait to see you all on 4th of July!

Rachel said...

So glad you had fun..looks like James really enjoyed himself and he's looking wonderful!!!

Beth said...

They should put your sweet boy in commercials for the Cardinals - he is so cute in that SLC jersey! Baseball games are so much fun. My dad always reminds me that I hated when the Phillies hit homeruns - I said it was too much cheering!

Anonymous said...

James is such a cutie! Glad you all had such a fun time. Sue