Friday, July 18, 2008

Fun Times as we explore

My mom came for a visit this week, which has been really nice for us. We went out and saw a lot, and I'm now exhausted! Before she came, we had already been out exploring new places, including the playground at the school down the street. James had lots of fun there, and it is so close that we can go frequently.
With Mom here, we made a couple of trips to Archiver's (for the adults) and quite a few places for James. We took turns watching James, so we could each take the acrylic album class they had. I liked the album and learned quite a few things, too.
We took James to the T-Rex restaurant at the Legends shopping center. By took, I mean we dragged him in, crying and saying "nonononononono". I know that won't win me any mother of the year awards, but it worked out as I'd hoped. He was scared of the loud dinosaurs and everything moving around for a few minutes, then started to enjoy it. The enjoyment seemed to coincide with the arrival of some chocolate milk. He liked the lights and the tentacles of the octopus (?) that were moving.
We went to a play area at the mall, too. He had a great time, but we didn't. It was way too big and open for our comfort. It would have been so easy to lose him there. I am nervous enough without that, so we probably won't go there too often.
Much better was Paradise Park. They have everything there, and I'm sure we will get a year-long pass soon, because it is perfect for him. There is so much to do, but on this trip, he played in the slides, ball pit, block station, and with the water toys, which were by far his favorite.
The visit with Mom was made even better for me by the fact that I actually got to talk with an adult, in person, on a daily basis! She left this morning, but Blake comes tonight. And, next weekend he should be here for good! Our little family will be reunited at last.

One last photo of water fun!

1 comment:

Beth said...

James has the most gorgeous eyes! He's getting so big.

Share you tips for the acrylic album. I just did one tonight and I"m not that happy with it. Any tricks?