Friday, July 18, 2008

Oh, I forgot . . .

In an earlier post, I listed pros and cons of apartment life. I neglected to mention one of the biggest perks -- NO YARD WORK. Sure, there's no yard, either, but Blake and I aren't exactly into landscaping. So, I felt this was important enough to mention.

Also, I found where I can take the recycling. Hopefully I can make a trip a week and not kill the environment so much. It is sad, still, though. In O'Fallon, we could recycle just about everything, and it was single stream. Here, everything has to be sorted (I count 9 different containers I need) but at least it can be done. And people at the Super Target (LOVE having one of these now) don't seem to mind me bringing in the reusable grocery bags from Super WalMart.

I should also mention my new CVS addiction. This place is amazing. And it's just 1/4 mile down the street. With coupons and extracare bucks, I spent $4.61 last Sunday, and bought a newspaper, 3 deodorants for Blake, 2 tubes of toothpaste, 2 2-liter bottles of diet Coke, a box of tissues, and a 3-pack of store brand paper towels. And earned $6 in extra care bucks. Today, I spent $34.01 on a 4x6 Kodak photo book, a 6x8 photo book, 2 Arizona teas, a bottle of water, cookies for a fussy 2 year old for putting up with shopping, another deodorant, 2 L'Oreal infallible lipsticks/glosses, Blistex, and a Neutrogena mascara. And I earned $18 in extra care bucks for next time. For those of you without CVS, the extra care bucks are basically the same as cash that can be used on a future trip to the store. I feel like the coupon queen when I go there. I see people on web sites who actually make money going there, but they seem to abuse the system. I'm happy getting some great deals and having someplace close to get things I need. Especially the way Blake goes through deodorant (but he smells great).

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad that you are starting to settle in. :) I'd heard about people who do all sorts of shopping at CVS, but I've never been able to do so well. I pretty much only go in for the paper anymore.

Beth said...

I had a little CVS tag on my keychain, but after at least five years I hadn't gotten anything from it. I use it for prescriptions and other stuff. Maybe I'll have to sign up again. The people at the CVS in Hershey are soooooooooo..... slow.....

I get laughed at because I buy 4 deodorants at Costco. It's not something you want to be without!

Anonymous said...

Ah, so you too have the discovered the wonder of Loreal's Infallible (sp?) Lipsticks, eh? Love 'em! What a great product!! Best thing about them is that I can smooch Nate to my heart's content and never leave a lipstick mark on his little head.

Glad to hear you are settling into to life in the K.C. area.

Therese

Rachel said...

I've never been to CVS before..nothing named that here so I am jealous!!!

Glad you are settling in and finding your way around to some fun places...yeah I agree no yard work is the best part to apt living!!!