Saturday, September 27, 2008

All Alone -- Post 1 of 3

James is still playing with the toys that came on his Dora cake

Does he look happy?



The kids (and Shane)

Larry helped carry everything out to the car



Blake had a cold for about a week, and I managed to avoid it until about Wednesday. So now, James and Blake are visiting Danielle and her family for the K-State family weekend, and I am home alone. Blake pretty much convinced me that would be best, because my whiny, sluggish self would keep them from having as much fun. I agree, since I remember how Blake's whiny, sluggish self put a damper on our fun last weekend. So, I watched the debates and yelled at the tv by myself last night, slept in today (getting up only for a few minutes to turn off Blake's alarm at 6am (!)), and am basically just taking it easy. And, what could be easier than updating the blog?

So, as Mom pointed out to me -- I hadn't yet posted birthday party pics. We had a really good time at Waldo Pizza. The have different party food packages you can get, and we got the 20 people one for the 13 people who were there. It worked out great, because there were several kids having birthday parties there, and we seemed to be the only one getting the package, which sort of justified the number of tables we took over.

James really likes Dora and Diego, so we got a Dora cake and balloons, and many of his gifts were Diego-themed. As soon as I took the lid off the cake, James took a swipe at it. Blake seemed rather alarmed by that, but I thought it was pretty funny, and definitely a 3-year-old thing to do.

James had a lot of fun running around in there "playing" the video games. He really enjoyed opening his presents, although it was pretty funny when people would tell him to press the buttons on the toys to hear them -- it was so loud in there that you really couldn't hear much of anything.

We had the cake and ice cream at Larry and Debbie's. It was a much calmer, quieter environment, and gave us all a chance to talk. JAmes managed to stay awake until we got home. We didn't get home until 10:45, but fortunately the DVR had SNL on it, even though we forgot to record it. We watched a little of that, then collapsed. Or, more accurately, we were watching it, then woke up and realized it was time to go to bed.

It was a fun day!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Fun fall times! That sign about the kittens gives me an idea...students who do not do their homework will get a free kitten to take home. ? Think it would work?

I yelled at the tv during the debates, too. Too bad we couldn't watch together! I had my yet undecided but registered Rep. father to watch it with. :)

Sarah said...

Looks like James had a blast! Sorry that you're not feeling well now, but if it helps, you look great in that picture that includes you... :)