Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My fun experience -- aka I hope I didn't say anything stupid


At Mom's Club yesterday, Ina Jaffe from NPR (in the back on the left) was there to interview stay at home moms about their thoughts on the election. She chose the Lee's Summit group because McCain and Palin were in town last week. The person she called to set it up had never even heard of NPR, leading me to worry that I might be the only liberal there. Well, the first group she spoke to consisted of voters who had committed to a candidate. 6 of us volunteered for that group, and fortunately 3 were for Obama/Biden and 3 for McCain/Palin. It was interesting how polarizing Palin is for our group -- the 3 who support the McCain ticket were swayed to that side by her. Two of the 3 for Obama had already decided on him, and the third decided on him for sure after the Palin pick.
The interview was interesting. It was just her, a microphone (actually 2 because the first stopped working), recorder, and headset. There were plenty of background noises, as we were in a gym and there were kids running and yelling everywhere. She said this was a first for her.
I don't know when/if it will air, but I'll keep looking for it.
(I'll post about the birthday party later, but that one will take a little more time!)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh, exciting! I can't wait to hear it! Let me know as soon as you know when it's going to be on. I think it's going to be a pretty close race. If I were there, I'd be the proud liberal there with you!

Beth said...

Check your messages at CC - I sent you a hysterical email that I got today! And I'd be the third proud liberal there with you. (I want to listen to the audio link from NPR but I'm at my dad's and he and my brother, while undecided on whom they are voting for, give me crap every time I espouse my liberal views.) :)

Rachel said...

How are the wedding plans coming along...I've been thinking about you??