Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My experience as an elderly Floridian

Well, almost.





I went to vote today. And the system they used was a different one than I've used before. But, I consider myself a basically intelligent person, so I wasn't worried. Well, after marking my vote for Obama, the page didn't look any different. I had to really push part of the contraption that held the ballot down so that the ink would take. It was hard to see and a little awkward. I had to do that each time I voted for someone on that part of the machine.





I'm glad I got my voting done. I am pretty sure I didn't place any votes for Pat Buchanan. And I really appreciate Larry and Debbie watching James so I didn't have to take him along with me for the long lines on Tuesday.



In honor of voting today, here one of the best photos of when I "saw" Obama last February in St. Louis. It wasn't all my fault. I was shorter than the people in front of me, was very far back, and it was in a darkened stadium with bright lights facing me. And I was behind the stage. :-)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay for voting! I'm hoping to play the pregnancy card on Tuesday and cut in line... but I'm also bringing a book...