Monday, October 27, 2008

No photos of trick or treating. . . or storytime . . .


But here is one Blake took of us at the coffee shop after we went out for dinner Thursday. One of the servers took our picture at the restaurant, but this one is better. I finished the acrylic album I made at Archiver's as a gift for Blake, but found that we have very few pictures of us together lately. We appear to have stopped asking people to take our picture together, and we haven't been very good at the end of the arm shots. Until I realized what the problem was. We tended to look at the screen instead of the lens. Duh. So, this is a bit of an improvement.
We had a great time on our anniversary. The new restaurant down the street is ok, but we were both a little disappointed. But, it was so nice to relax with some drinks, eat our food in relative quiet, and then go for a coffee afterwards. And to return to a quiet home. Yep, James was with the grandparents! Yeah!
Blake left for LA early on Saturday for a conference and won't be back until Friday morning. He's having a good time and says he can see the Hollywood sign from his hotel. And that he saw Governor Arnold in the airport. Then he said he was kidding about that one.
So, James and I have been entertaining ourselves here. We went trick or treating in Independence with Shane and Katy and family on Saturday, which was fun. We didn't get to stay for the parade, though, because it was naptime and James kept wanting to sit on every step or bench he saw. Since that time, he has been enjoying his candy. When I let him have it. I find that it works well for bribes.
Today we went to storytime at Borders. He actually sat for most of it and had a great time. He especially liked the cookie at the end.
Blake has the camera, so all I have are a few pictures on a disposable one and my phone. I'd forgotten what a pain it is to not know how your picture looks when you take it AND to not be able to just take a million of them and delete.

4 comments:

Beth said...

What a great picture! I'm glad you enjoyed your anniversary sans child. Not that James isn't important, but I think parents need to have some alone time, too!

If you need help with the end of the arm pics I recommend Sarah - she and Greg are pros!

Sarah said...

You guys are so cute! :) Glad that you got to get out together to celebrate. I'll see if Greg has any advice on the arm-length shots. Lately I've been trying to get him to take them from a slight angle (so we have to look up a little bit) - I think it makes us look a little better. :) But yeah, you gotta do what you gotta do to get pictures of the two of you!

Rachel said...

That is a great photo and you two look adorable together!!!

I also don't get many shots of Kevin and I..I'm not good at the arm shots as I always get us out of proportion and I look like my head is about to eat the other person!!haha

Anonymous said...

Great photo! Glad you enjoyed your Anniversary and James enjoyed Halloween. Looking forward to seeing some piccies! Sue