Friday, December 12, 2008

And the runner up is . . .

http://www.ellabridals.com/collection/index.php/gowns/publicView/84

I finally went shopping for my wedding dress. Just in time, since it takes about 16 weeks to come in, possibly longer because of the Chinese New Year. (So, apparently I am getting a politically incorrect dress.) The link above is the dress that I went in preferring, as did Lori and Blake. And it was very nice. But, there was another that was perfect for me (ok, it will be perfect, after probably a few hundred dollars worth of alterations). I can't/won't show the link to that dress, though. Blake doesn't get to see until the wedding day. It is a little bit of a shame that I didn't choose the first one, though, because Blake said that he would have to get me a nice necklace to go with it. But the dress I chose does call for some earrings!

It was a huge relief to get that done. I had been nervous and procrastinating, and it really was easy. So, the wedding plans really are starting to come together nicely. Since I am not a good planner of much of this stuff, I am so relieved that we chose a ceremony/reception site that includes much of what we need. Next, flowers, food, and favors!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh, that's pretty! I love hearing about wedding stuff!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dress, and I am sure the one you chose is even more stunning. Glad to hear the plans are coming together well! Sue

Beth said...

Can't wait to see the real one! I'll live vicariously through your wedding plans :)

Anonymous said...

I can attest to the fact that the one she picked ROCKS (in pictures anyway)!!!!!!!! Heather is getting married!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHH!!Lori

Rachel said...

I can't wait to see the real dress but the runner up was beautiful!!!

Had fun catching up on your blog...

Rachel said...

I hope you and the family had a wonderful Christmas!!!