Thursday, December 20, 2007

Catching Up (a little)

Things are finally starting to get a little back to normal here. It has been so busy. But, now the things like grocery shopping, last minute Christmas shopping, and another trip to the post office are done.


Some fun things that we (mostly me) did recently . . . I went to 7 hours of the 12 hour crop that I won from my local scrapbook store. Only 4 of us made it, since it snowed all day, but it was fun and a good chance to talk and get a few pages done. At the rate I'm going, I'll get the Italy album done sometime in 2009. While I was gone, James and Blake played at home. Blake took a cute picture of James tucked in with his friends to watch Mickey Mouse.


On Monday, we waited in line for a looooong time to see Santa. I have been coaching James for a while to ask Santa for a tricycle, because I think that's what Santa would like to bring him. Plus, we want for him to be excited for Santa, as he cried last year and earlier this year at a party. So, every time I asked him what he wanted for Santa to bring him, he said "a cookie". Just before we turned the corner to see Santa, I reminded him to ask Santa for a cookie or a tricycle. And, as soon as he saw him, he started crying and crying and wouldn't stop until we were gone. It's a pretty funny picture. I'm having problems getting the photo from my computer, but hope to post it soon.


Then on Tuesday I went to Columbia for a party with some of my former co-workers. It is a fun party each year, and it always ends with a white elephant gift exchange. Sometimes the gifts are pretty good, but I usually get something pretty awful. This year was the jackpot! A dancing Christmas penguin that sings Ice, Ice Baby. I recognize that this is silly, but it is also fun, and James has really had fun with it. He plays with it A LOT, and takes it around to kiss all of his other toys. He also dances with it. He doesn't, however, really dance with it when I try to take a video, so this one at breakfast is the best I could get. After the first 15 to 20 seconds it's not really very interesting, but I was unable to edit it. Of course, reading my camera manual was one of my goals for this year . . . and I recognize a theme in this post: Heather is not tech savvy.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha ha! That was too funny! James looks a little skeptical about that penguin, though. :) Can't say I blame him.

(At my last white elephant, I got a chia pet.)

Rachel said...

Great pics and cute stories...I miss the times like that when Katie was younger!! I hope James enjoys his cookie and tricyle from Santa!!!

Anonymous said...

James looks pretty happy with all his friends. I wonder how many more friends he go for Christmas. The scrapbooks and calendars that you make a wonderful.