Monday, April 28, 2008

3 Almost Perfect Weekends

Blake volunteered this weekend with Coders4Charity, which paired charities who could not afford to hire someone for their website needs with programmers who got together to develop for them. It was the first annual, and they made it fun for the volunteers, although they worked really hard to get things done over the weekend. Blake was working til 11:00 on Friday night, and the change in schedule for him was what kept his weekend from being perfect. But, he made new friends and professional contacts, and his team won the contest they had!

Since this was held in Kansas City, we all went with him. James stayed with his grandparents, Larry and Debbie, who spoiled him with lots of fun and food. We met them Friday at Blake's grandparents' house, and James almost immediately started asking for blocks. I think he remembered that at Christmas they had blocks out for him to play with. Larry took about 200 pictures over the weekend and I can't believe all they did in one weekend. The only thing keeping James' weekend from being perfect was the long car ride there and back.

James with Grandma and Great-Grandma


Since Blake was busy all weekend, and James was with family, I was a woman of leisure. I hung out at the hotel and watched basketball on Friday. On Saturday, I went to an all-day crop at Archiver's, and on Sunday, I just hung out, waiting for Blake to finish. I drank coffee and read Harry Potter at Starbucks, wandered around a mall that I decided was boring (may not have been boring if I'd been finished with my weight loss and ready to buy clothes, tho, hahaha), then went out to eat. I was hoping for a restaurant with tvs, so I could watch more basketball, but then I saw an interesting building, that appeared to be a restaurant, but all it said on it was 810 Zone. I wasn't sure what I was getting into, as the windows were covered (could be a cool restaurant, could be a bar, could be a cult). Turned out to be the answer to my wishes -- it was a sports bar/restaurant! Basketball on the big screen. And the little screen. And hockey. And baseball, Nascar, Indy racing, NFL draft, etc.


My completed layouts from Saturday -- 12 pages in 12 hours.

Coffee and Harry Potter

Today, James and I appear to be realizing the downfalls of a healthy diet -- you get used to eating that way, so your body can't take junk food. We didn't necessarily eat healthy over the weekend, and both have upset tummies. So, I'm eating crackers and trying to get back to being a good girl! Until Wednesday, when I go out to The Melting Pot with Lori!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I need to try the Melting Pot...maybe for our anniversary in Nov.! I'm glad you had some time to play and your pages look neat!

Danielle