Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hey, look at the size of this dust bunny!

I didn't really MEAN that when I said I'd be forced to title a post like that because of gas prices (which are now even higher), but then my computer quit yesterday. The computer is in a fairly awkward spot, so I tend to not dust it regularly. That would be a mistake. Fortunately, Blake fixed it for me! I was at quite a loss without the computer for the day. Then, when I tried to work out -- I couldn't watch a movie on it like I usually do to help pass the time, AND my heart rate monitor was going wacky. It was showing my heart rate at 230, even after I took it off. And then the ipod battery went dead. So, not the best workout. Today was much better. And, I'm finding that the music is much better than a movie for getting my heart going. I know, it shouldn't take a genius to figure that out, but . . .

Maybe the heart rate monitor was wacky because of the earthquake! I know we have the New Madrid fault near here, but I just never expect to be awakened by rattling noises and find out that it was an earthquake. It didn't bother Blake or James, but Nutmeg the timid was upset by it, as I found when I saw the "accident" in the morning. Poor dog. Someone must have rubbed her nose in it when she was a puppy, because whenever she has any kind of problem or bad day, she rubs her nose along the carpet until it bleeds, leaving a sunburst of red stains. She is such a strange dog, and I feel so bad that she must have been fairly traumatized as a pup. Thank goodness for Woolite Oxy Deep!

I have a couple of friends coming over to scrapbook tonight, which should be fun. Blake is taking James to the Hippo Place. I called to ask if their hours had changed and they said no, they were always open. Uh, no. Or, if they WERE open, why were all of the lights out and the machines turned off on Thursday? Oh well, at least they're open now. James has been saying "Hippo Place closed" on a regular basis for the last 2 days.

And, for the final bit of exciting news -- we may be entering the 1980's and getting cable soon! They're running a bundling special, which would give us cable, in addition to the internet and Blake's work phone, cheaper that what we pay right now. Of course, by the time we add in DVR, etc., it may not be cheaper, but would be fun to have. I want to watch a few episodes of What Not to Wear before I finish losing weight and go clothes shopping! (Is that even still on?)

6 comments:

Danielle said...

What not to wear is still on! I watched it last night. It's on Friday nights at 8:30 and 9:30 where I live. There another show called "Take ten years off" which I have also been enjoying.

Danielle

Laura123 said...

hey there. was your ipod temporary dead or permanently dead? just so you know, there is this ipod repair company called ipodjuice.com that sells these batteries for your iPod and, if that's all that's wrong with your pod, you can replace the battery for about 30 bucks.

I had to do this when my ipod mini died and it was really simple (well, simple for my husband!) to do.

oh well off to fold some laundry.

- meow from laura.

Mom/Janice said...

I am very relieved to hear that the Hippo Place is alive and well! I was very alarmed to hear that it was closed when it shouldn't have been.

I am excited about you getting cable. It's about time James learns what watching tv is all about--it's the American way!! Plus he'll get to watch all kinds of sports.

Love, Mom

Sarah said...

We keep *saying* we're going to bundle the phone and cable, and still haven't. Sigh. I thought things would slow down once I finished with school, but I certainly have found ways to fill my time. :)

Glad the Hippo Place is back!

Rachel said...

Did you have fun scrapping with your friends..hope you got a lot done!! And yes What Not To Wear is stil on (or maybe its all reruns) but I watch them...amazing what some people actually wear!!!

Jen said...

Lucky you! I love cable but dh doesn't think we need it. Enjoy. I hope you got alot of scrapping done. How fun to have some friends over to scrap with.