Thursday, April 24, 2008

At least I have good hair

Because my teeth are a mess. I need another crown, this time on a different tooth, since a childhood filling has caused one of my teeth to crack in 4 directions. But, at least he didn't say I needed a root canal, like the last time I had a filling crack a tooth. I also am getting an adjustment to the other crown, and another small cavity repaired, apparently with a laser and no anesthetic. This will occur in about a month. I'm sure by then another tooth or two will rot. Oddly, the dentist and hygienist keep telling me what a good job I am doing taking care of my teeth. Perhaps what they mean is that they appreciate how well I am financing their summer vacations. (Seriously, though, I am pretty vigilant in my dental hygiene, which makes this more frustrating.)
I loved how my hair turned out, after getting a new cut and some highlights. The photo doesn't even show how much better it looks. I was even able to re-create the look on my own. I know, the picture shows it to just be straight, so what could be so difficult to style, right? Well, I'm not always so good at this, as well as frequently being too lazy to dry my hair, much less blow it out straight. But, I am more motivated right now!
I got some yard work done, weeding and putting down mulch instead of the rock that came with the house. Blake was skeptical, but agrees that it looks good. Much better, at least. I just got one small part done, but maybe over the next few weeks can accomplish what I want.
That's really about all of the excitement here. We're trying to decide on a color to paint the living room, so I've been picking up paint chips. I have found a couple of online programs that show you how your room would look in different colors, but haven't tried them yet. Whatever we choose, I am sure it will be an improvement!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You look beautiful!!! :)

I hear ya on the teeth. I had a windfall of tooth problems in the last year. Nothing since my last cleaning in Feb or so, though, so I am hoping I'm done for a little while. Good luck! I've never heard of using a laser... I'm curious how it goes.

Mom/Janice said...

Your hair looks really nice, Heather! Sorry about the dental work--you are probably just providing gas money for their Cadillacs. ;-) Hopefully that will occur after our trip to the ballpark.

Sherwin-Williams website is great for picking colors. The paint is not cheap, but once I select the color, I like it on the wall. Have used it twice and was happy both times.

Rachel said...

You look absolutely beautiful!!! I love the way your hair turned out and you have the most natural looking smile!! Girl keep smiling!!!

Jen said...

You look so beautiful Heather! My goodness, I hadn't realized your hair was so long. As for the teeth...I am so in the same boat. I know I will need a root canal. Yuck!

Again...you look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Love your new hairdo Heather, looks great. I really need to get my muppet hair sorted! Sue