Friday, June 27, 2008

"With all the guns in this county, couldn't we kill a muskrat?"

I think that must be what the Supreme Court was trying to do with their recent decision. Anyway, this was a great quote from this article http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080627/ap_on_re_us/midwest_flooding_256 about the most recent flooding here in Missouri.

We feel so fortunate that we are not personally dealing with anything like that. We try to remind ourselves of that when we get stressed about having to get the house ready to sell (not to mention the stress of hoping it sells). At least it won't be under water.

We are wrapping up things here. James and I move out Tuesday, and Blake will follow on weekends, and then for good later in July. We made our final trip to the Hippo Place this week and cashed in the tickets we'd earned. The Hippo Place is so much fun, but their prizes are basically crap. But, James has been playing with those toys all week. 10 months of ticket saving well spent!

I may not post anything for a while. For one thing, I won't have internet for several days. Not sure how I'm going to survive that!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Good luck with the whole move..what an ordeal but soon you'll be settled and look back on these days and laugh (or at least grin!!)

Sarah said...

Thanks for the link... When there was all that stuff about them shooting those pigs that were walking around on the levees, I was really sad. I mean, they had let the pigs survive for days, and then shot them when they were in sight of dry land, because they were afraid that'd break the levee... I guess they were right...

Good luck with the move ... and good luck with being internet-less. I know it's painful. :) If you get and register a Starbucks card (like a gift card for yourself!), you get 2 free hrs of internet per day. That sounded like a good deal to me!