Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Busy Week!




We had so much fun at James' birthday party! Thanks to everyone who drove across the state (or 2) for it. James had so much fun playing with his cousins, Cameron and Landon, and getting lots of attention from the rest of the family. It was very special when all 3 boys were with their great-grandparents. I was impressed by how well everyone did without a nap (especially me!), but maybe the sugar helped. Later, the kids (and several adults) went to the park. It was a really beautiful day out.


James has been having fun playing with all of his new toys. I am always happy when he's happy, but, I have to admit, some of the toys that make him the happiest are a little loud.


Monday was his 2 year checkup, and all was well. He got his stitches out, too. It's nice to see that he healed nicely. We don't have to go back for a year, which is still amazing to me, since we had to go about every week in the beginning, due to his prematurity.


I've been busy running what seems like a million errands and getting stuff done around the house. Today I took care of weeds in the front of the house. Anyone who knows me well knows that I hate to garden. But, it looks much better, and I am trying to convince myself that it's a good workout, too.


I've also been making whole wheat banana muffins. Yum! Something good for us, tasty, and cheap to make. Can't beat that.


Tomorrow the Parents as Teachers educator comes to see James. I'm looking forward to that, as she always has fun ideas. So, the morning will be fun. The afternoon, probably not so much, as I am getting my permanent crown put on. Hopefully it will be quick and my jaw won't hurt for 2 days like it did before.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Heather,
We really enjoyed our day at your house for James's birthday. It is fun to see all the pictures on your blog.

Debbie

Beth said...

LOL about the most fun toys being the noisiest! Since I spend so much time with my bf's daughter I choose those noisy toys carefully! Some of them could drive you stark raving mad!

James is so cute, Heather!