Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Space of My Own





Not much of note happening around here in the last few days. James and I went to the library today, the gums around my new crown hurt and I'm avoiding calling the dentist, and I forgot to mention that James' Parents as Teachers meeting went very well. But, that's about it.

So, instead I'll talk about one of my favorite places in our house -- my scrap space. I love it for so many reasons, not just because scrapbooking has overtaken knitting as my favorite hobby. When we moved in almost a year and a half ago, I got my very own room, with my very own area devoted just to scrapping. Even when I lived alone in a house I didn't have a dedicated space, and just cluttered up the kitchen table all of the time.

Yesterday, I got a couple of organizational tools, and now, there really is a place for everything, and, for the moment at least, everything is in its place! I love being able to take our photos and memories and preserve them. James likes looking at the scrapbooks, too, pointing out who and what he knows. Blake is very supportive and humors me by looking at my new layouts and saying, "that's the best one you've ever done!" to each one.

I try not to think about how all of my spending money goes towards this hobby, and instead focus on the many hours of enjoyment I have in this space, and later looking at the pages of our memories.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Love the space!! Looks like there's a place for everything---perfect!

Sarah said...

Oooh, I love seeing your space! It makes me feel like I'm spying. :)

Hope you're tooth is feeling better - tomorrow is my root canal, then in another week, I get a permanent crown. I've been at the dentist more times in the last 6 weeks than in the last 6 years...

Jen said...

Heather...Love the organization! Looks like you will be able to get alot of scrapping done.

Beth said...

It's fun to see your scrap space - thanks for sharing!