Sunday, October 28, 2007

Elmo Goes to the Library, H & B Go Someplace Far Different

Playgroup had a Halloween Party at the library. While we were waiting to get into the meeting room for the party, we wandered around the children's area. James immediately found and grabbed the big stuffed Elmo they had (that looks like his at home). The librarians were saying they wished they had a camera. I'm glad I had mine. That kid sure likes Elmo.

For the party, there was a story and a couple of games, but mostly just a lot of kids running around in costumes. He had a lot of fun. But, he still hasn't figured out about sitting in a circle.


That night, Larry and Debbie came to watch James, and Blake and I went to see Body Worlds 3 at the Science Center http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html. James had a lot of fun staying up late and playing with his grandparents, and I really enjoyed the exhibition. Blake wasn't so sure, and I think he has finally decided that he didn't like it. I was surprised by how much was included. I had heard about the plastination and the posed bodies and had seen photos, so I expected that. What I didn't expect was the different body parts that were shown, both healthy and diseased. I'm glad I don't smoke. It was a very educational show.

No comments: