Thursday, October 25, 2007

Happy Anniversary!



Tuesday was the anniversary of the day Blake and I met at Cherry Street Artisan, a coffee shop in Columbia. It was the luckiest chance meeting of my life. I was just there to kill time and read my book (What's the Matter with Kansas) while my car was being repaired. And he was there before the Mizzou football game. He was moving in two weeks, so we met just in time!


Rather than pay $60 for a sitter, we decided to spend a romantic evening at home. I made confetti for the table with my Cricut, Blake went to get winery food, and we had some wine and Frangelico. We started the festivities with James, which was fun for a while, until he kept demanding "MORE AGAIN!" but only wanting chocolate.


And, here he is, with his chocolate goatee, dancing. Not sure if the red eyes are from the camera's flash, or from all the chocolate . . .

I am so happy that Blake and I are together and with the life we are making. I'm looking forward to many more years together.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you both met also! It looks like last night was really fun.

Sarah said...

Ooops, thought I had commented on this earlier in the week!

Happy Anniversary to both of you! You seem like you make a great team. :)