Thursday, October 4, 2007

Is There a Dirty Diaper Around Here?

Yesterday evening was an interesting one. I looked at my phone to notice I had 2 messages from Blake's dad. Larry called to see if he could stop by, as he was in town for a conference. I missed the calls, apparently Blake missed calls, AND when Larry stopped by and knocked on the door, I heard the dogs barking, but thought it was the annoying neighbor girl, so didn't get my lazy rear off the couch. Oops. Fortunately, when I noticed the messages, he wasn't too far away, so he got to come over, see us, and play with James. AND, he helped fix a problem that we found a few minutes earlier. . .

There was a foul smell coming out of James' room. Which was odd, because James hadn't been in there for hours. We couldn't recall any diapers being changed in there. We couldn't find any pet "accidents". Finally, we thought maybe it was coming from the half bath attached to his room. That door, unfortunately, is locked. And wouldn't be unlocked. Larry and Blake had to disassemble the doorknob to get in. Apparently something didn't have enough water, which led to a sewer smell. It was pretty awful. But, it's gone now, the door is blocked by a dresser, and Blake will get a new doorknob, which I will install.

In less smelly news, we had some nice weather earlier this week, and I've done more yard work, and on Monday we walked to Rendezvous Cafe on Main Street. It's only a few months old, and I'd gone there for a Mom's Night Out. It is very good -- cafe, coffee shop and wine bar -- all the best things in one place! But we were the only ones there on Monday, so I hope business picks up.

Oh, and as a bit of an update -- for anyone who wants to hear any specifics about the wedding planning, you'll have to wait! We really aren't doing any planning, beyond me reading magazines, at this point. We want to wait a bit and get the finances in better order first. But, we'll keep everyone posted once we get going on it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So, your door knob story reminds me of when the cats locked themselves in the bathroom ... and we discovered that the doorknobs can't be removed from the outside... only the inside.

http://livesofthecowgirls.blogspot.com/2007/02/dont-eat-floss.html