Friday, March 21, 2008

The best 2 sports days of the year!

It's tourney time! I love watching non-stop basketball, 4 games at a time for 2 days! Thanks CBS online! And, I don't even have to use the "boss button", not that I think it would fool many bosses, anyway. I talked Blake into entering a bracket online with me, and so far, he is kicking my butt. Our brackes are on http://www.thiswebsitestinks.com/ . I'm Hahred and he is hahredmanslave. Tee-hee. Sorry, Danielle, we both put USC beating KSU. But during the game, I was pulling for K-State, and don't mind too much that their win KILLED my bracket, since I had USC in the Elite Eight. And I REALLY hoped Belmont would pull the upset over Duke. It was so great to see how close they came.

I was cleaning like a madwoman earlier in the week, just so I could do next to nothing while the tourney is on. I still have to go to the store this afternoon, though.
Had to insert this picture of James. I remember when he was a little baby, choosing the cutest outfits for him to wear, dressing him up, showing him off. Well, those days are over. Today, he found and insisted on wearing this sweater vest, which is way too small. He was so proud. The picture is too dark to show much of the rest, but he also has drool on the shirt, and his eye is a little icky from the cold. Perfect. He saw the picture and kept saying "tummy" and laughing. The shirt goes away tonight. Forever.

We had fun yesterday. My friends Meg and Phil from Columbia came by with their 3 1/2 year old twins. The 3 boys had fun playing, although not necessarily with each other. And the adults enjoyed visiting. Then we went out to lunch at Red Robin. As each conversation was interrupted about 20 times, Meg and I reminisced about the days when we would all go out to a restaurant and eat and drink and talk for HOURS at a time. And the more I think about it, I can't think of a single one of those times when anyone threw a crayon. So, then we laughed at how things change and how happy we are with our boys.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Basketball is one sport that I never got into, never learned the rules to, and, consequently, cannot watch. But I hope things are going well for you -- at the very least, beating Blake.

That picture is just too funny. I'm with James - it makes me laugh! He's so silly. He reminds me SO much of my middle brother.

Hope you guys escaped all of that flooding...

Rachel said...

That is the cutest picture of James..I love it!!

Have a great Easter!!

Anonymous said...

Are you SURE nobody ever threw crayon? Well we at least threw french fries around every once in a while! Ha

Love ya,
Lori G