Friday, March 28, 2008

Yum!

Well, first a couple of updates. My bracket -- has been the worst NCAA bracket I have EVER had. Before last night's games, I was #1922 out of 2387. Ouch. But, I am starting to move back up. I'm at 1485 now. Blake is moving down, and will continue to do so, since he had Notre Dame in the final game, and they lost last weekend.


The next update concerns that potty training. I was ready for it. Blake was ready for it. James demonstrated the signs on "the list" of being ready for it. But, no. He had an evening of being very proud of himself. Then proceeded to refuse to use it. Or find other ways to let us know his opinion. So, we wait.


The process of attempting to potty train was exhausting and a little stressful. So, I was SO happy when Wednesday night rolled around. I'd already been looking forward to Mom's Night Out at The Melting Pot for a couple of months, but wanted it even more when it came. It was Ladies' Night, which meant a couple of things. First, it was only $27 for the 4-course meal, which is significantly cheaper than usual. Second, we couldn't help but notice that all of the servers were attractive young men. There were female servers, but they only did things like fill water glasses and not talk. We thought it was pretty funny and were imagining how interviews there were -- "Ok, you look good. You will be required to work all Ladies' Night events. You got a problem with that?"


I took a few pictures of us, but won't post any -- somebody is chewing or putting food in their mouth in every picture. Which, at The Melting Pot, is exactly as it should be. But, here's a photo of the yummy dessert. Every 2 people got a plate like that to share, and there were 3 pots of chocolate fondue for the 10 of us. I love that place!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sam's has edamame?!?! Frozen or fresh? I've been getting the Whole Foods frozen ones because they're pretty cheap. But I think the Costco by Greg's parents had fresh edamame at one point...

Got to love the Melting Pot. Dessert was my favorite part. :)

Rachel said...

Yumm...now I'm craving some of that fondue!! Love that place...glad you had a good time!!

Good luck with the potty training..its one of the hardest things you'll do!!

Anonymous said...

Please don't worry about the potty training Heather, I promise he will be out of nappies before he starts big school! I know it feels like such a huge task, and I do remember the stress.

Thank goodness you had a great night out; loving the sound of that place! Sue

Sarah said...

Hm, is there any way for you to test out Costco?

To me, Sam's is too much like Walmart - hard to get into, long slow lines, etc. That being said, we're probably going to get our laminate floor there, because it's the best one we've found.

What I like about Costco:
-I like a lot of their store-brand stuff: garbage bags, laundry detergent (this is a big one!), etc.
-I've had good luck with their produce - packaged mixed greens, love their fresh green beans, apples that we don't through out half the package.
-Photo processing - may depend on the store. I had stuff I wasn't crazy about a while ago, but they stuff I just got printed came out great.
-Costco has their own coupons that they send out once a month. We used a bunch last month and saved about 12% of the total bill. (Zyrtec (allergies) is on sale this month, $32 for 70, normally $37.) There are almost always coupons for shampoo, soap, etc.
-Checkout is usually very efficient: if it's busy, they have people with scanners ringing up your order while you're in line, then just transferring the scanned info when you get to the register.
-We got a good deal on Verizon cell phones - free accessories, etc. The plan's the same, but the price of the phone and the extras were better. They had 2 other carriers, I think.
-Um, I like the underwear at Costco... just a nice, lightweight cotton.
-Milk makes up the price of membership alone. I now go once a week for milk, salad, and apples at the bare minimum.
-Does yours have a gas station? We're trying to make a habit of filling up there.

That's all I can think of now...