Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Grrrrrrr!

What do we have to do -- become hermits? While I am on my THIRD medicine to try to clear up the conjuctivitis I got from James, who got it at either Jump 4 Fun or the Hippo Place, James is sporting a new icky runny nose. I will spare you the details. The dilemma is -- the humidifier would help, but now that he can reach the top of his dresser, we really don't trust him not to find a way to dump the water all over, in which it may end up in the electrical socket. So . . . we are going the no humidifier route. OH, I just had a possibly good idea . . . I can have it on in his room while he is up and around, then take it out when he is in there to sleep. Maybe that will help. Either way, it is frustrating to keep getting colds, etc. from the play places we go to. But, I guess that's part of the territory.

We did have fun going to West County Mall the other day. He got to play, but first we bought some big boy underwear, in preparation for potty training, which will probably begin next week. And, I got a new battery for the receiver of my heart rate monitor. Now that I have it again, I see that I was really slacking on my cardio. Since it knows my age, weight, gender, and my heart rate, I think it gives me a more accurate accounting of calories burned. So, I used it this morning, worked out much harder than usual so that it would show that I was in my target, and found that I burned a pathetically low number of calories. The good news is that when I weighed myself yesterday, I've lost a little more weight. And with my new and improved cardio workouts, I'm sure the pounds will melt away! I like my SparkPeople.com program.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the workouts...yeah!!! You'll be in that smaller wedding dress in no time at all!! Keep it up...