Sunday, March 16, 2008

A long overdue update

For the longest time I wasn't posting much -- because we weren't doing much. Lately, we've been doing plenty, so I've been too tired! Here is a brief update.

First of all, we never found the missing cards, so Blake got a new license, and the others were cancelled.

My mom came for a visit, which James had a blast with. We went everywhere to play, he got new books, and it took both of us a couple of days to recover. Of course, the Hippo Place was the first destination, but we also went back to Whittle Train Station, and to the mall, where he rode the carousel. He was not sure about that at first, but Grandma helped him be comfortable. Also while she was here, Blake and I got to go out on a date! Yeah! We talked for a while at a coffee shop, then ate at Brio. Yum! No diet that evening. No photos to post, though -- blogger is giving me error messages, and with the dying camera the photos look a little wacky anyway, so it's not worth the extra effort. Unless you really want to see what James looks like in neon shades.

Last night, we went to a family night party for playgroup. It was a lot of fun for all of us. Blake and I got to visit with other adults (and kids), James got to play with other kids and toys, and I got to try a new recipe http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/recipes/r-penzeyscheesecakeBars.html . They were very good. I know that when you are watching what you eat, you're supposed to take something healthy to a party. Yeah, well, my strategy is to take something really yummy that I can have a serving of, rather than having a bunch of leftovers around my house. Of course, I also don't seem to be losing weight as quickly as I would like, so you might not want to adopt my strategy.

I've also been watching lots of basketball -- the Big 12 tournament championship is at halftime right now. And the NCAA tourney starts on Thursday. So, it's time to put together my bracket, enter a pool or two, and watch my ranking go lower and lower. I would also like to take this moment to thank ESPN360 and CBS for having all of these games online.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you found the cards...we lost our gym cards one time and didn't find them for 3 weeks and found them in the most ridiculous spot!!

Yeah for basketball..we were watching it all afternoon as well!!

Sarah said...

Sorry you had to get new cards -- if the cats were to take them, they'd be under our bed.

Glad you and Blake got a chance to go out on a date - you totally deserve that. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I meant to type "sorry" you didn't find your cards!! I know how it is to tear your house apart looking for something and its never to be found again!!