Monday, March 24, 2008

New Toys, and old things that are NOT toys

Blake's parents, Larry and Debbie, came Saturday, so we went out to eat at Ariake, one of our favorite restaurants. James doesn't like when they throw things, make loud noises with the knives, or start the fires, but he's doing better. Despite his unhappiness at times during the meal, for the past couple of days he has been asking to go to the "Fire Place". It took me a couple of times before I realized he was talking about the restaurant and not that thing in the living room . . .

James had so much fun on Easter. The night before, the last thing he said before bed was "Easter Bunny", because we'd been telling him about it. He found an egg right away, and didn't want to stop to look at the basket of goodies from his grandparents -- he just wanted to look for eggs. He was so determined!!! Here he is gleefully sorting his treats.


We renewed our USCellular contract (since we've been very happy with them) and were able to pay the same money for a better plan, and get 2 new phones for a total of $10. The phones are great, with a 1.3 megapixel camera (better than the old VGA one I had) and an MP3 player, which I'm looking forward to using when I go out to the trails, since I'll only need to take the phone, not the phone and ipod. And, they each have 3 faceplates, so Blake and I could decide on our own colors and be able to quickly tell our phones apart.


I still hadn't finished learning how to use all the features of the new phones when Larry and Debbie came for Easter. And, with them came more manuals to read, because they got us a NEW CAMERA!!! Larry is quite into cameras and photography, so he knew what would be best for us. He said he got a good deal at Costco, and I hope so, because what they got us is amazing! It's a Canon PowerShot A650 IS, 12.1 megapixels, and the viewing screen that swivels around so short me can hold it way over my head to take pictures when I'm too short to actually see something. And, it came with a Canon Pixma multifunction printer/copier/scanner. So, Blake got my old photo printer and I have the new deluxe one! I've been playing all weekend! This camera takes such great photos, but I won't bore folks with all the photos I'd like to.





Me with new camera!



My phone and our new printer, with a stack of product manuals on top.



I'm glad it was a fun weekend, because today we started potty training. Ugh. I will not post pictures of James in his new big boy underpants, but here is a picture of the things that are not fun new toys, but are getting lots of use -- the mop and laundry basket. I may have to post a picture of a beer later, if Blake doesn't bring me home a latte. Ooh, Blake just called, and there is a tall skinny mocha latte on the way! Yes, for anyone who knew me "before", I now drink those drinks. And sometimes, instead of a Guinness, I'll have a girly drink, too. Eek.





4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for a new camera! (Happy Easter to you, huh?!?) I love Canons.

Good luck with the potty training... I can't imagine that to be any fun... but I can imagine that you'd need a latte or something even stronger after the first day. :)

Rachel said...

Love the new camera!! GOod luck with the phone...it took me almost 2 years to learn my last phone and by that time we upgraded once again..haha

But give it to a kid and they'll have it figured out in 20 minutes!!

Anonymous said...

YAY Heather, what fun new stuff, enjoy! Oh boy, good luck with the potty training. Just imagine trying to do it with twins, Holly would be on the potty, and Alexander would be off in a corner leaving us a little message! Which clearly was "I am not ready for this" and he never did the potty thing, just eventually went straight to using the toilet. Sue

Anonymous said...

HI Heather,it looks like you guys had a busy week. You deserve a beer and the latte. Am anxious to see how James is doing this week with going to the bathroom. Larry