Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Saturday nights just aren't what they used to be

On Saturday night, Blake decided it was time to put the dresser his parents gave James for Christmas together. I will admit there may have been some encouragement (ok, nagging) from me on this. I knew that I wouldn't be able to do it, but did want to help. I'd even considered opening the box and putting the drawers together one day, but fortunately didn't do that. Because here is what we found when opening the box . . .


about a million pieces. Blake apparently knew it would be like this, which is why he hadn't done it before. It was RIDICULOUSLY hard to put together! Blake wouldn't let me help, but wanted me to keep him company and listen to any complaints he had during the process. The 3 HOUR PROCESS! But, it turned out very nice, and James likes that he can now get his books off the top of the dresser. And, almost every time I get him from his nap or bedtime, I find a huge pile of clothes that he has pulled out of it. At least he helps pick them up.


On the top of the second picture, do you see the purple line? And that the photos don't look so great? I think my poor PowerShot A80 is about to call it quits. The picture on the screen when I am setting up shots keeps looking worse and worse, and now the photos are starting to. I'm ready to move beyond the world of 4-megapixels. I'm just not ready to have to pay for it. But, I can't complain too much -- I've had this camera for years and it has served me well.

I got my embossing tools to use for the invitations (actually for Save the Date cards -- waaay to early for invites!). And now I know that I need to go to Archivers Rubberstamping Basics class! I am not good at this. But, it is a fun chance to learn. Well, back to my practicing!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, the dresser looks great! We just replaced a tall one with a shorter, wider one recently, and it just seemed to open the room up.

Good luck with the new camera. There a bit more reasonably priced these days, though I know it's still a big (unexpected) outlay. We got my parents one from Costco for Christmas (which they broke within 3 days, but that's another story), and it wasn't too bad. Even Target's got a pretty good selection and range of prices.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for Save the Dates. (My idea was in no way original, it came straight from a book!) Embossing and stamping and Archivers, oh my! (In my Dorothy voice.)

Anonymous said...

Yes putting stuff together causes Kevin and I to divorce several times during that ordeal!! But we kiss and make up....and then get stupid and do it all again with another piece of furniture..you think we'd learn!!

Good luck with the camera..i did pick up a nice Nikon coolpix 7mp and I'm very happy with it..takes great pics and small enough for my purse.