Friday, March 7, 2008

Trains and cookies

Today was a fun day for James. We went to Whittle Train Station with playgroup. It's basically just a store that sells toy trains and books about trains and all things trains for kids. But, they also have tons of trains set up for kids to play with. There were a LOT of kids there, in addition to our playgroup, and everyone had fun. I haven't seen James entertained by just one thing ever. It actually gave me time to talk to people. Which is unusual -- usually playgroup time is spent chasing.

Then this evening I made oatmeal raisin cookies. I wanted for James to help a little, or at least watch, but he kept trying to dump the oatmeal out, so I decided to go solo. The cookies were good, and he kept demanding more. While I was waiting for one pan to cook, I had another ready for the oven sitting on the counter. While my back was turned, the little stinker stole a cookie off of it. Just as I'm sure I did when I was a kid.

We're getting ready for a busy and fun weekend. And, right now, I am waiting for Blake to get home so we can watch Lost. I get more confused with every episode, just like they planned.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite...I would have loved to help (or at least eat a few!!)

I have a feeling that when the show LOST is over I'll be even more LOST during the finale...love that show though!!